When I was recently with my mom and dad during the early days of her recovery from a serious fall, there were some tender moments I cherish.
- Dad stroking mom's head and rubbing her back,
- The tears of overwhelm, of fear, and of gratitude that we all shed openly,
- The attentiveness of a grandson,
- Love and support given freely to mom by family and friends,
- Dad's new hearing aids,
- Laughter of mother and daughter with private, inside girl-talk,
- Reading a book to mom. We couldn't wait for the next chapter (Can't Wait to get to Heaven by Fannie Flagg).