Friday, January 30, 2009

Do you feel the earthquake?

Seems like the earth is rumbling under my feet. We have definitely come to a huge tipping point, I hope, and who knows what kinds of things might happen.

A new president and many new possibilities. Yes, we have lots to do to recover from this huge mess we've dug ourselves into. And one man can't make it all better. Well, I don't know about you, but I have more hope now for eventual rebuilding then I did some months back. I'm ready to do more, doing my part. Yes, we can!

And what a different world we present to children. You really can grow up to be and to do anything you set your heart on. I know, it also takes a good dose of luck and connections and being at the right place at the right time, but hope and belief go along way in preparing the road ahead.

I'm thinking a lot these days about what we can do and I think these times definitely require action. How can we give our kids hope? We can talk with them about their dreams. We can show them through our example that we live in this world community together and must all help out. We can be more conscious and aware of what's going on around us. We can smile lots more. We can turn the TVs and computers off and go outside - rain or shine. We can take kids to neighborhood clean-up events. We can turn on the music and dance... or get out the drums and make some joyful noise!

The earth is moving under my feet... I gotta get moving. Are you coming?

No comments: