Sunday, April 22, 2007

Time to lighten up

Oh there are so many serious things in this life. So much we could worry about. But, what is really important?

Time for a break from those big things we really have no control over anyway. Time to find the pleasure in the present.

My kids are grown, so most of the parenting I experience nowadays is through people watching. I love it when I see people enjoying kids. They are in the library and letting their curious child lead them to the perfect book. Or they are in the store getting groceries and they include their kiddo, getting help making choices along the way. Or they are walking in the neighborhood, seeing things from their child's perspective. I remember enjoying many outings like this, too.

Time goes quickly. It gets away from us and everything can become a blur. Or we can cherish these moments.

What helps you lighten up and notice?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My son’s smile helps me lighten up. It is so beautiful and accepting. I love being the center of his life. What is more important? Helping my son with his bedtime routine even though he knows it by now? The dishes? The answer: be present. I love your writings-keep them coming.